Tree Surgery Services
At Tree Craft Ltd we cover all aspects of tree surgery from hedge trimming to tree felling. We also offer a range of gardening work including shrub pruning and tree planting. To find out more information about any our services click below.
- Pruning of major deadwood from the crown of the tree; for safety and/or aesthetics
- Improves the structure of the tree crown by removing major deadwood, damaged/diseased branches and crossing/rubbing branches.
- This involves the removal of smaller branches within the canopy, in order to decrease the overall crown density. This is ideal for allowing increased light penetration through the crown. A crown thin should involve the removal of branches evenly throughout the canopy: this is usually expressed as a percentage ( as a guide only )
- The removal of lower branches ( either whole limbs, or secondary branches ). This is usually carried out in order to give clearance to property/traffic etc. or to allow more light to enter beneath the crown.
- The shortening of branches throughout the crown in order to reduce the overall crown area. This is usually expressed as a percentage e.g. a 20% reduction would allow the retention of strong growth points, leaving a “natural” looking crown. Whereas a 30-40% reduction will usually leave the tree with a more stubby appearance.
- Tree removal of a tree in sections. Usually carried out by a climber using a rope and harness system, but sometimes using a platform (“cherry picker”). This allows trees to be removed in confined spaces or where the tree is too decayed to climb; using lowering equipment where necessary.
- The removal of a tree by cutting from ground level (where space allows). The tree is de-limbed and cross cut for removal from site once on the ground.
- The inspection of individual trees, or groups of trees for defects/hazards which could result in damage to property or persons. A good survey will take into account the tree species, location and surrounding land use to provide a cost efficient action plan.
- The stump grinder reduces the tree stump to a pile of wood chips mixed with the soil. It removes the stump together with major supporting roots directly adjacent to the stump; other roots will remain within the soil. Arising debris will usually be left in situ unless otherwise agreed.
- We can provide advice on tree species selection; supply trees and plant them to a standard which will help to ensure that they thrive.
- We can help you to get the best from your woodland, both for bio-diversity/species conservation and provision of a sustainable resource.
- Taming of unruly hedges or manicuring of well maintained hedges.
- Pruning of shrubs to shape, improve flowering or to rejuvenate overgrown specimens.
- As well as providing a free no obligation quote Tree Craft will also arrange all necessary permissions; such as Tree Preservation orders ( TPO’S ); Conservation areas and felling licences.